Instructions for Filing with the Conservation Commission
- Request for Determination of Applicability with the Conservation Commission
- Notice of Intent with the Conservation Commission
- Request for Determination of Applicability
- Dover Assessment Fee Form
- Dover Wetlands Filing Notification Form
Procedure for Filing
At the time of filing an applicant must submit the following to the commission*:
- One original and two copies with electronic filing sent to email@example.com of Request for Determination Form and plan (if applicable). Additional copies may be required if not filing electronically.
- Signed Dover Assessment Form with check,
- Abutters list from the most recent records of the Assessors Office and abutter notification, applicant is responsible for notifying abutters and provide proof of mailing.
- Other forms as listed above.
*One complete copy must be sent to the DEP as instructed on WPA Form 1 (Instructions for filing)
A meeting date will be scheduled.
Consideration of the Request for Determination of Applicability
A site visit will be scheduled either before or after the meeting date.
The Commission will issue either a Positive or Negative Determination within 21 days of the filing. (A Positive Determination means a Notice of Intent is required for the project.)
- Affidavit of Service from (State)
- Dover Assessment Fee Form (PDF)
- Dover Wetlands Filing Notification Form (PDF)
- Notice of Intent Application Form (available at Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) website)
- (State) Notice of Intent Fee Calculation Worksheet
- (State) Notice of Intent Fee Transmittal Form
- (State) WPA Notification to Abutters form
Procedure for Filing
See the Dover Wetlands Protection Bylaw Chapter 181-1-15 and Rules and Regulations Chapter 263.
At the time of filing an applicant must submit the following to the Commission:
- One original and two copies with electronic filing sent to the Conservation Commission via email,
- Notice of Intent Form and plan original plus 2 copies plus electronic filing.
- Additional copies may be required if not filing electronically.
- The application and plan shall include all pertinent data as required in Dover Bylaw, Chapter 181 and Rules/Regulations Chapter 263.
- Signed Dover Assessment Form with check
- Signed State Fee Transmittal Form with check
- The form has instructions for filing documents (and payment) with DEP.
- Abutters list from the most recent records of the Assessors Office and applicant is responsible for notifying
- Abutters and provide proof of mailing or hand delivery
Please note: All DEP forms are available from the Commission or at the Massachusetts DEP website.
A hearing date will be scheduled within 21 days.
Consideration of the Application
During the initial hearing a site visit will be scheduled and the hearing continued.
Within 21 days of the close of the hearing the Commission must issue a Finding.
Certificate of Compliance
After completion of all work a Certificate of Compliance must be requested in writing* by the applicant as stipulated in the Order of Conditions (please refer to the Order for specific requirements of your project.)
- Form 8A- Request for Certificate of Compliance
- Two copies of an As Built Plan.
- Letter on Engineer/Surveyor letterhead stating
- All work done in accordance with final approved plan. or
- Bulleted list of items completed and shown on As-Built plan and not on final approved Conservation Commission Plan.
- Recording Fee: make payable to Norfolk County Registry of Deeds
Department of Environmental Protection
NERO - Wetlands Division
205B Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA 01887
Please send only one copy of Notice of Intent to DEP.